Tuesday 19 June 2018

ZA News: 2009 -2010


I was extremely fortunate to work on some sculptures for the Political satire puppet series:
Puppet Nation

Here are some of my projects from the show.

All puppets start with a design based of the cartoons of Jonathan Zapiro. Back then we simply used a grid pattern to identify slight variations of the drawings.
I would do a quarter scale maquette sculpt and the final full size head sculpt.

Sep Blatter:

 Winnie Mandela:


 Trevor Noah:





Robert Mugabe:





 Manatashe:




Vavi :


 Barak Obama:


 This must be my last maquette, I do not recall sculpting the full puppet. He turned out great!
  Will try to find the sculptor responsible and add credit here


The show is still going with a growing cast of seriously funny caricatures by talented new sculptors:

Steve Bannon:
 Will try to find the sculptor responsible and add credit here

Trump :
  Will try to find the sculptor responsible and add credit here

Ninja and Jolandi from Die Antwoord:

 Will try to find the sculptor responsible and add credit here

1 comment:

  1. I agree, that it feels fortunate working with these cool art works because I experienced also to work in art show, we're the one who assisting the sculptor while they doing their craft like sculpture supply what they need. And since then I did not stop making craft.

    ReplyDelete

ZA News: 2009 -2010

I was extremely fortunate to work on some sculptures for the Political satire puppet series: Puppet Nation Here are some of my projects ...